Literacy Lesson Library
- Cathy Sligh, Literacy Consultant at RESA, designed these four lessons that can be used with current events to implement a literacy standard, especially in Science, Social Studies, and CTAE.
- Val Allen is the Instructional Specialist at Blue Ridge Elementary School. She created the following informational writing prompts.
Joan Vampatella, a graduate of Augusta State University and an ELA Inclusion teacher at Harlem Middle School who specializes in working with students with disabilities, has submitted two graphic organizers that you will find very beneficial to your students.
- Lynn Murdock, Instructional Coach at Swainsboro Elementary School, created these engaging RACE lesson plans for Grades 3rd - 5th.
- Kelly Flanders, ELA and Literacy RESA Consultant, has contributed a plethora of resources from her Close Reading Workshop.
- Mary Stout curated these invaluable websites on a variety of topics including lexiles, targeted text, vocabulary, current events, lesson plans, and much more!
- Mary Wilson, Instructional Writing Coach with Columbia County School System, has contributed a Constructed Response Professional Development presentation.
- "Writing with Precision..." Literacy lesson was submitted by Patty Bradshaw, a Literacy Consultant at CSRA RESA.
- Kelly Flanders, a Literacy Consultant at CSRA RESA, emphasizes theme, point of view, close reading and writing strategies in this unit entitled "What Makes Us Who We Are?"
- A Kindergarten List and Label Unit for introducing the writing process.
- This First Grade Narrative Writing List and Label Unit introduces the writing process.
- Teachers from Blue Ridge Elementary, Carver Elementary, Lincoln County Elementary, and South Columbia Elementary completed this 2nd Grade Fairy Tale Unit.
- This 3rd grade narrative writing unit is an excellent example of teaching the writing process using mentor texts. It was developed collaboratively by Michele Alison from Brookwood Elementary, Brittany Hershon from Evans Elementary, and Teresa Sellars from Euchee Creek Elementary.
- Mysteries! We all love them! This Fourth Grade Unit uses mysteries in the Narrative Writing process.
- Julie Cox, Glascock County teacher; Tiffany Eargle, Euchee Creek Elementary teacher; and Kristen Smith from Cedar Ridge Elementary created this 5th Grade Narrative Unit about writing a memoir.
- Patra Griffitt is a 6th grade ELA teacher at Harlem Middle School. Her lesson involves using fictional and nonfictional paired passages about Pompeii to complement a science unit.
- Kelly Flanders, a Literacy Consultant at CSRA RESA, emphasizes close reading and writing strategies in this lesson on the Birmingham church bombing.
- Cathy Sligh is a Literacy Consultant at CSRA RESA. Her high school science unit examines genetically modified foods.
- Kelly Flanders is a Literacy Consultant at CSRA RESA. This middle school ELA unit "Outbreak" uses the Ebola outbreak as the basis for extended writing activities.